Question

Honor Student
ncberns
Message 1 of 9 (286 Views)

HP L7555. Yellow ink will not print. Changed cartridge, print head checks out fine, all aligned and cleaned. Yellow ink will not print. Every once in a while, there is a faint yellow; most times, nothing at all.

Do I buy a new printhead (although it checks out fine)? Or is there a solution I"m missing...? 

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 9 (274 Views)

Does it only miss yellow when printing from the PC or does it also miss yellow ink when printing a self test page?

As well, I see you have done many troubleshooting steps already for this issue, but check the steps in the print quality troubleshooting document, found here, to make sure all have been performed.

If all steps have been performed, then the next step will be to try replacing the Black/Yellow printhead in the printer.  'Solution six: Replace one or both printheads'

Keep in mind that the issue may lie within one of the printed circuit boards in the printer, thus changing the printhead would not address the issue.  However, the only way to test for this would be to try changing the printhead out.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
ncberns
Message 3 of 9 (273 Views)

About what i feared.... The yellow doesn't print at all, not when printing, not in tests. The only odd thing is the occasional print that's okay. Very occassional and not repeatable. I'll check the diagnostics again, but I'm afraid a bad board is the most likely answer. Thanks for the reply.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 9 (270 Views)

If you get the desired print occasionally, then it is possible that ink is getting gummed up inside the Black and Yellow printhead.  One could try removing the printhead from the printer.  Go outside where ink can spill on the grass if it leaks from the printhead and try shaking it a few times; only hard enough to shake loose ink in the printhead.  

Be aware that this may get ink on your hands, but this can be cleaned with water and soap.  You may also want to wear clothing that you would do yard work in as it may splash ink out of the port when shaking.

This may not work, but it is an attempt to shake loose any ink that may be gumming up in the printhead.  Otherwise, you may be correct in your assessment of the PCB. Best of luck.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
ncberns
Message 5 of 9 (267 Views)
Unfortunately, cleaning the printhead didn't work. I do, however, have nicely colored snow now.... Thanks for trying.
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 6 of 9 (253 Views)

I'm sorry to hear that wasn't able to do the trick.  You could try changing the printhead out by purchasing a new one, but, as mentioned previously, it may not fix the issue.

I hope the best in all your future printing necessities.  Also remember as the old adage goes: 'don't eat the yellow snow.'  Best of luck. 

I am not an HP employee.
Student
xdreamerx
Message 7 of 9 (114 Views)

Greetings!

I buoght photosmart pro b8850 in August 2010 from Dubai. Today when i want to buy an ink for it all the shops say same word "out of stock" till when it will be out of stock?? I have lots of porjects to print out, i have lots of papers to print out!!

Does that mean whenever am out of ink i have to buy new "all-in-one" ?? HP is delaying me from doing so many things by stopping providing the shops with the ink of my photosmart !! Please give me a solution!!

HP is trying to say never trust our product in future!! buy today one and tomorrow throw what you buy and buy another one, waste your money in the air for ink sake!!

PLEASE FIND ME A SOLUTION I NEED INK ASAP 

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 8 of 9 (108 Views)

Hey xdreamerx,

If the shops in your area are unable to provide the cartridges, then try checking online on the HP Sure Supply website.

https://h30042.www3.hp.com/SureSupply/

Make sure the bottom right is selected for the correct region.  Next, type the name of your printer (B8850) in the box for Search Ink and Toner by Printer.  Click on the right arrow and it will pull up a page with the options of ink cartridges and availability for ordering in your region.

Best of luck,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
ncberns
Message 9 of 9 (106 Views)

Try eBay. They have a huge number of venders selling ink for the B8550. And they're never out of stock....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation