06-30-2014 03:55 PM
Hello there MT222, welcome to the forums!
I read your post about printing with black ink when the color cartridge is depleted. Normally you would need to replace the cartridge that the printer is indicating is depleted.
If you would like me to look the information up for you, please let me know which printer model you have.
Help to find your printers Model Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number?
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?