Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Scott_WI, you will need to check your private message inbox.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

I have an HP 6510 and the print head gets gummed up a  lot.  Clearly the design is flawed.  HP should do better.  

HP Recommended

@Clean_head wrote:

I have an HP 6510 and the print head gets gummed up a  lot.  Clearly the design is flawed.  HP should do better.  

Hi Clean_head, is your PS 6510 printer still in warranty?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Just today I started having problems with black printing on my 6510 all in one. I tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions and the problem is only getting worse. Looks like the printhead has failed. I checked my warranty status and of course my warranty expired on 8/4/13. What are the chances HP will do the right thing and fix my printer?

HP Recommended

Re: manual printhead cleaning on photosmart 6510-B211a

HP Recommended
I cannot get the printer to produce legible documents. the top part of the words are clear but the bottom parts are either absent or illegible. so far I have tried both available tools in the manual but no luck. what should I try next?
HP Recommended

Hi DBHKVB6,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I understand you are not able to get legible prints from your HP Photosmart 6510,  is it the black only that is not legible or is it all colors? If it is all colors and the black, start with the link below:

Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems

If it is the black ink only that you are having problems with please start here:

Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I swear you won't believe me, but My print head was all dried out. I had no black ink at all. I used a little bit of contact cleaning solution, I Squirted a little bit right into the print head where the ink cartridges install after removing them and it worked. Don't know why I did that. I figured if it moistens dried out contact lenses, it may work to clean and moisten the p into head, and it worked! Give it a try!
HP Recommended

Hi!  Thank you for your helpful post and tips. 

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.