Question

Honor Student
bcn9zyg
Message 1 of 6 (2,891 Views)

message - remove and check cartridge

running Win7 and an Officejet 6110 All-in-one.  Got message "Remove and Check Cartridge".  Went to website and followed instructions to clean the cartridges - no luck.  Any ideas?  The color cartridge has a date of 2008 and the black shows 11/2011.  Could the cartridges be dried up.  I seldom use this machine.  Just don't want to spend $70/$80 and find out that this is not the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Grad Student
lanz
Message 2 of 6 (2,863 Views)

Re: message - remove and check cartridge

Hi!

It seems that your color cartridge is already expired- 2008 and TODAY IS ALREADY 2011. you can try replacing it with a new Hp genuine cartridge. and try to clean the contacts of the carriage as well. Try to shake the black ink cartridge before  reinstalling it.

and can you pls try this one: This might work for you resetting the printer back to factory defaults:

1. while the printer is on, unplg the power cord from the back of the printer.

2. While the printer is off, press and hold the 3 and # keys  while reconnecting the power cord back to the printer.

3. When the printer starts up, release the buttons - select the appropriate language and country.

This might clear the error messages on your printer,

After the printer initialized, try to print or make a black copy.---

Hope this will help... =)

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 6 (2,849 Views)

The Officejet 6110's cartridges do not have an expiration in the sense that they will stop working after a certain date, but they do have a lifetime and may fail electrically over time.  The color cartridge is the likely suspect because of its age, especially if it has been in the printer for more than a year.

I do not recall if the Officejet 6110 will allow printing in reserve mode, you might try removing first the color and printing a test page, then replace the color and remove the black and print a test page.  If there is no error message in one case then that cartridge is OK.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
bcn9zyg
Message 4 of 6 (2,842 Views)

Thank you for all your help.  Kept trying various combinations of your tips and what finally worked was to take out the black cartridge.  The printer told me to put it back in.  I then took out the color cartridge.  The printer told me to put it back in.  Then miraculously it started to align the cartridges.  These printer are very temperamental.  This is my second 6110.  Got a free replacement years ago.  In both machines the automatic feeder never worked.

Again thank you for taking time to respond and help.

Honor Student
momfisch13
Message 5 of 6 (2,666 Views)

I am sorry to say that this solution did not work. My cartridges are not expired and I use my officejet 6110 all-in-one on a very regular basis.  It was printing just fine one day and then the next day stopped and got this message "remove and check cartridges".  I have cleaned the connections and cartridges as directed, plugged and unplugged everything in every orderpossible and followed your suggestion with the 3 & # keys.  Nothing has worked so far.  I can not print anything from the printer or from my computer.

Any more suggestions?

Student
gosranch
Message 6 of 6 (1,442 Views)

I have tried everything previously listed for solutions to repeated 'remove and check cartridge' alerts on my officejet 6110 all-in-one. Nothing works. Downloaded trouble shooter-says it detects no problem-I replied 'yes' when asked if I want a test page run, but of course it couldn't print one because of the 'remove and check cartridge'!  Anyone have any other ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation