cla1366294
Message 1 of 5 (5,019 Views)

my officejet 4620 will print color but not black

my

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 5 (5,012 Views)

Re: my officejet 4620 will print color but not black

I am sorry that you are having that issue with the printer. Here is a document that addresses defective output in your model of printer. It will offer troubleshooting steps to try and fix this issue with the printer by giving step by step instructions.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 5 (3,367 Views)

cla1366294 wrote:

my

Hi, just wondering if the steps suggested by Shirlz solved your issue with Black not printing?

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
Frustratedprint
Message 4 of 5 (825 Views)

This is the 2nd time this happened only now it won't fix.  The 1st time someone at HP graciously walked me thru the steps without charging a fee.  I have done so many printhead cleanings I'm running out of my other colors.  I have unplugged, updated, checked the seating, cleaning the contact points gently with a coffee filter, & even ponied up the money to replace a brand new cartridge just in case that one was defective.  Every color but black.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?  If I have to pay to repair I may as well go buy one without all the bells & whistles but will at least maybe work

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 5 (246 Views)

@Frustratedprint 

As this is a 4620 I'd advise calling HP Phone Support (irregardless if it's out of warranty), as you may require a replacement.

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation