Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought the wrong ink for printer, I've been using hp 60 and bought 61, I bought three combo pack and I need t know can I use this instead. I cannot open them to find out because I won't be able to take them back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the cartridges are original HP, in unopened boxes and within their warranty period I would suggest you contact HP and ask about the options for an exchange.  If you are in the US call 1-800-HPINVENt, elsewhere see the contact information here.  

I do not know if there is still a program for cartridge exchange, it has been years since I heard of this.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What country?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Deskjet D2600 u.s
HP Recommended

All the documentation I see indicates only the 60 or 60XL cartridges will work in this model.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 4502. Will 60 ink work on this printer that says to use 61? I had to replace my old HP printer that died, and I have a bunch of leftover 60 ink. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@bjwatson wrote:

I have a HP Envy 4502. Will 60 ink work on this printer that says to use 61? I had to replace my old HP printer that died, and I have a bunch of leftover 60 ink. Thanks!

The Envy 4502 uses the 61 or 61xl cartrdiges, the 60 will not be compatible.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. Because the Envy printer requires 61 ink, and the 60 I have are not compatable, is there some sort of HP-sponsored return program for people who had to purchase new printers? 

HP Recommended

If the cartridges are original HP, in unopened boxes and within their warranty period I would suggest you contact HP and ask about the options for an exchange.  If you are in the US call 1-800-HPINVENt, elsewhere see the contact information here.  

I do not know if there is still a program for cartridge exchange, it has been years since I heard of this.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.