Question

Honor Student
taylorgates
Message 1 of 9 (2,842 Views)
Accepted Solution

my printer use hp 60 and i bought 61 can i use it?

I bought the wrong ink for printer, I've been using hp 60 and bought 61, I bought three combo pack and I need t know can I use this instead. I cannot open them to find out because I won't be able to take them back.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 9 (2,838 Views)

Re: my printer use hp 60 and i bought 61 can i use it?

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What country?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
taylorgates
Message 3 of 9 (2,834 Views)

Deskjet D2600 u.s
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 9 (2,832 Views)

All the documentation I see indicates only the 60 or 60XL cartridges will work in this model.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Top Student
bjwatson
Message 5 of 9 (132 Views)

I have a HP Envy 4502. Will 60 ink work on this printer that says to use 61? I had to replace my old HP printer that died, and I have a bunch of leftover 60 ink. Thanks!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 9 (127 Views)

bjwatson wrote:

I have a HP Envy 4502. Will 60 ink work on this printer that says to use 61? I had to replace my old HP printer that died, and I have a bunch of leftover 60 ink. Thanks!

The Envy 4502 uses the 61 or 61xl cartrdiges, the 60 will not be compatible.

Top Student
bjwatson
Message 7 of 9 (123 Views)

Thank you for your answer. Because the Envy printer requires 61 ink, and the 60 I have are not compatable, is there some sort of HP-sponsored return program for people who had to purchase new printers? 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 9 (119 Views)

If the cartridges are original HP, in unopened boxes and within their warranty period I would suggest you contact HP and ask about the options for an exchange.  If you are in the US call 1-800-HPINVENt, elsewhere see the contact information here.  

I do not know if there is still a program for cartridge exchange, it has been years since I heard of this.

Top Student
bjwatson
Message 9 of 9 (117 Views)

Thank you so much for your help. It is very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation