my printer will not print black ink and cartridges are all brand new
Replies (54)

Top Student
Kempas
Message 41 of 55 (1,193 Views)

Re: my printer will not print black ink and cartridges are all brand new

[ Edited ]

*Bump*

Well, it seems HP has a serious issue with its black ink cartirdges (or there's some rather mystical dark arts being enacted). 

I feel sort of fortunate I paid for extra cover with my printer....but to be honest I'm not sure I really want another HP.

Honor Student
damcfa
Message 42 of 55 (1,189 Views)

Thanks for the tip. It worked somewhat. Actually got 30 pages (not all perfect) when I did that. Then virtually nothing. Tried it again, no luck. Put the HP 4620 on the floor in the corner, went to Costco, bought a Canon, set it up easily. Nothing but perfect printing. I have a brand new HP printer with two sets of new cartridges for anyone who would like them.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 43 of 55 (1,176 Views)

damcfa wrote:

Thanks for the tip. It worked somewhat. Actually got 30 pages (not all perfect) when I did that. Then virtually nothing. Tried it again, no luck. Put the HP 4620 on the floor in the corner, went to Costco, bought a Canon, set it up easily. Nothing but perfect printing. I have a brand new HP printer with two sets of new cartridges for anyone who would like them.

Not sure which tip, but if the black appeared to run out after thirty pages I would suspect the vents are clogged.  They can be cleaned as shown in solution three of the document here.

If that did not resolve the issue the unit should be under warranty, I would suggest you Contact HP for a replacement.  In the US call 1-800-HPINVENt. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Kempas
Message 44 of 55 (1,011 Views)

I replaced my printer...with a non-HP one. Sorry, but this seems to be an issue that is impossible to resolve in some instances. A real issue. 

Honor Student
howard
Message 45 of 55 (964 Views)

I have hp 6500 officejet e710a.. Printer will not print black ink. I have replaced the black in cartridge three times.  Iam using hp ink. Please help

Top Student
HockeyIs4Ever
Message 46 of 55 (918 Views)

I'm having the same problem.  Color ink works fine but the black ink is invisiable.

I have an all in one printer.  It's a 5510 with 564 ink cartidges. I turned it on and than off.  Shook the ink. Used a qtip to clean the head and it's not working.  I don't know what else to do.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 47 of 55 (914 Views)

howard wrote:

I have hp 6500 officejet e710a.. Printer will not print black ink. I have replaced the black in cartridge three times.  Iam using hp ink. Please help

The document here may help resolve the issue of black not printing with your HP Officejet 6500 e710a.  Be sure to check the vents are not clogged.  If the procedures in that document do not resolve the issue the post here may help.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 48 of 55 (913 Views)

HockeyIs4Ever wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  Color ink works fine but the black ink is invisiable.

I have an all in one printer.  It's a 5510 with 564 ink cartidges. I turned it on and than off.  Shook the ink. Used a qtip to clean the head and it's not working.  I don't know what else to do.

@Ciara_B - Please escalate this one.

Honor Student
howard
Message 49 of 55 (908 Views)

Fixed the problem... Got rid of the printer.lol

:smileyvery-happy:

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 50 of 55 (885 Views)

@HockeyIs4Ever 

Is the printer within warranty?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation