new cartridge installed, won't print - blank pages, no error messages (3511 Views)
Top Student
Sue7777
Message 1 of 4 (3,511 Views)
Accepted Solution

new cartridge installed, won't print - blank pages, no error messages

I just installed a black 920 XL cartridge in my Officejet 6500. It preps the cartridge, I press print and the appropriate sounds emerge, but the printed page is blank. I tried this several times, tried taking out and putting the cartridge back in, even tried

opening up and using the second XL cartridge of the pack, NOTHING PRINTS. I went to the website page and it was extremely

unhelpful

Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 2 of 4 (3,501 Views)

Re: new cartridge installed, won't print - blank pages, no error messages

There are a few 6500 printers, so I'm not certain which one you have, but did you find these instructions when you were looking on the website?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892627&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3795314&tmp...

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
Sue7777
Message 3 of 4 (3,489 Views)

Thank you very much for these procedures. I'm saving them for the next time I have ink issues. I didn't get to try them until tonight, so I logged off and back on before checking the ink status. After I checked the ink status, I clicked on print and printed a black ink only page with no issues. So now I can replace my color ink cartridges and know what to do if I have trouble printing with those new ink cartridges. 

Student
keranvv
Message 4 of 4 (1,272 Views)

hp deskjwt ink advantage 4625 insattled black new cartridge not printing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation