Question

Student
ninabina9
Message 1 of 6 (12,184 Views)

new ink cartridge not printing

HP photosmart 5510 replaced the black ink cartridge, and black is not printing. I have a mac.

i cleaned the heads and it is showing a new cartridge and showing full.  I ran a printer diag page and its not printing any black, all colors are fine

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 6 (12,170 Views)

Re: new ink cartridge not printing

Hi, here's a link to a print quality troubleshooting document which might help you get to the root cause of the problem Troubleshooting Print Quality Problems.

From your post it sounds as though you have tried a couple of the suggestions already but try working through all suggestions and in particular look at Solution 6 Step 3 (about half way down the document) which shows how to check that the supply you inserted into the printer is properly vented.

Hope this helps.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 6 (12,072 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi ninabina9, just wondering if the link Arkle1 sent helped fix the problem, or are you still seeing an issue with Black not printing?

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 6 (11,184 Views)

Hi, is this issue with Black not printing now resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

Student
linda1954
Message 5 of 6 (7,026 Views)

new full black ink cartridge installed and not printing black other colors fine??

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 6 (6,306 Views)

Hi Linda

Try following the steps outlined here...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Black-not-printing/m-p/2926025

Is the printer still within warranty?

Thanks

Ciara

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation