06-10-2012 08:13 PM
HP photosmart 5510 replaced the black ink cartridge, and black is not printing. I have a mac.
i cleaned the heads and it is showing a new cartridge and showing full. I ran a printer diag page and its not printing any black, all colors are fine
06-11-2012 04:34 AM
Hi, here's a link to a print quality troubleshooting document which might help you get to the root cause of the problem Troubleshooting Print Quality Problems.
From your post it sounds as though you have tried a couple of the suggestions already but try working through all suggestions and in particular look at Solution 6 Step 3 (about half way down the document) which shows how to check that the supply you inserted into the printer is properly vented.
Hope this helps.
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
I am an HP employee.
07-23-2012 11:12 AM - edited 07-23-2012 11:13 AM
Hi ninabina9, just wondering if the link Arkle1 sent helped fix the problem, or are you still seeing an issue with Black not printing?
10-01-2013 09:34 AM
Try following the steps outlined here...
Is the printer still within warranty?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?