Question

Honor Student
endomaniac
Message 1 of 7 (116 Views)

no black ink.

My HP 7180 printer will not print in black. I replaced the black cartridge with a new one, still no black ink.  I've run the clean print head app  with no results

HP Support Agent
RnRMusicMan
Message 2 of 7 (76 Views)

Re: no black ink.

[ Edited ]

Hi there

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that your HP 7180 will not print in black, and I am happy to help!

For further assistance, I will need to know:

1. The Product/Model Number of your printer. Follow instructions in this link. Finding Your HP Product Model Number.
  2. If the printer is connected, Wireless, Ethernet, or USB.
  3. If there is any black showing on the diagnostic page. Print the Self-Test Diagnostic Page
  4. If the power cable is plugged into a surge protector, or directly to the wall outlet. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.
  5. If you are using Genuine HP Ink Cartridges.
  6. If any of your color cartridges are low or empty.

In the meantime, please take a look through this print quality guide. Streaks or Lines in the Printed Output.

Hope to hear from you soon! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
endomaniac
Message 3 of 7 (68 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi;

Here are the answers to  your questions;

! HP Photosmart C7180 all in one

Regulatory model  SDGOB-0605-03

[edited Serial Number by Moderator]       Q8192A-x03

Connected Wirelessly

The ink gauge shows I have FULL Black Ink

Plugged directly into wall outlet, I checked the power problems section & there were no issues.

Genuine HP ink

Light Magenta looks low on the scale but there is no low warning yet.

I tried print alignment  which would failed. It would  not print  black but the colors were fine  & the bird aligned

I tried to print the extended diagnostic page but nothing in black printed.

Please help!!

Thanks

Don

george-p
Message 4 of 7 (58 Views)

Hi @endomaniac ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Support Agent
RnRMusicMan
Message 5 of 7 (56 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it!

The alignment page failing may result in the Magenta being low, I would try to replace the Magenta cartridge with a new one, then try the cleaning and alignment steps again.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Honor Student
endomaniac
Message 6 of 7 (53 Views)

I don't want to waste more money on ink if I can't get the  black to work.  Any ideas on how to get the black to print?

HP Support Agent
RnRMusicMan
Message 7 of 7 (49 Views)

Hi there,

Based on what you described, I would recommend to please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation