09-04-2014 09:44 AM - edited 09-04-2014 09:45 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I see that your HP 7180 will not print in black, and I am happy to help!
For further assistance, I will need to know:
- The Product/Model Number of your printer. Follow instructions in this link. Finding Your HP Product Model Number.
- If the printer is connected, Wireless, Ethernet, or USB.
- If there is any black showing on the diagnostic page. Print the Self-Test Diagnostic Page
- If the power cable is plugged into a surge protector, or directly to the wall outlet. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.
- If you are using Genuine HP Ink Cartridges.
- If any of your color cartridges are low or empty.
In the meantime, please take a look through this print quality guide. Streaks or Lines in the Printed Output.
Hope to hear from you soon!
09-04-2014 10:51 AM - last edited on 09-04-2014 11:37 AM by george-p
Here are the answers to your questions;
! HP Photosmart C7180 all in one
Regulatory model SDGOB-0605-03
[edited Serial Number by Moderator] Q8192A-x03
The ink gauge shows I have FULL Black Ink
Plugged directly into wall outlet, I checked the power problems section & there were no issues.
Genuine HP ink
Light Magenta looks low on the scale but there is no low warning yet.
I tried print alignment which would failed. It would not print black but the colors were fine & the bird aligned
I tried to print the extended diagnostic page but nothing in black printed.
09-04-2014 11:37 AM
Hi @endomaniac ,
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. From our Rules of Participation:
Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.
If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.
Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.
09-04-2014 11:40 AM - edited 09-04-2014 11:40 AM
Thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it!
The alignment page failing may result in the Magenta being low, I would try to replace the Magenta cartridge with a new one, then try the cleaning and alignment steps again.
Hope this helps!
09-04-2014 12:14 PM
Based on what you described, I would recommend to please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.
Hope this helps!
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies