Question

Honor Student
frank_casale
Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

officejet 6500 E709n: instructions for automatic printer head cleaning NOT GIVEN FOR WINDOWS 8.1

[ Edited ]

The printer is not printing black from a new cartridge (I was given the printer but all of the cartridges were empty). One of the options I saw in the solution to another user question was instructions on how to find a run the automatic printer head cleaner software for various Windows versions - unfortunately, not including Windows 8.1. The instructions for earlier Windows versions do not correspond to anything in Windows 8.1.

Can anyone tell me either were to find Windows 8.1 instructions or what the steps are to find and run the program?

Frank [Personal Information Removed]

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 E709n: instructions for automatic printer head cleaning NOT GIVEN FOR WINDOWS 8.

The cleaning cycles for the printhead can be performed from the printer's front panel as shown in the document here.  Be sure to check the vents as shown in solution two, also solution three shows how to use the front panel commands for printhead cleaning.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation