Question

Top Student
estyblonde
Message 1 of 3 (1,647 Views)

officejet 6500 ink change,won't print cyan & yellow

regarding my officejet 6500 E709n: I just replaced all four ink cartridges with brand new HP ink. the printed accepted the new cartridges, but the cyan and yellow doesn't print! it worked perfectly fine before. ink levels show "full". I tried replacing with other new cartridges, in case they are damaged, but that did not help.

using windows vista as operating system.

Student
eht707
Message 2 of 3 (1,547 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 ink change,won't print cyan & yellow

i have the same problem, did you fix it?  I put the cyan in and it says it wont' work, it is full and new.   the print looks really off.

Top Student
estyblonde
Message 3 of 3 (1,541 Views)

Re: officejet 6500 ink change,won't print cyan & yellow

here are steps I took to try to fix the problem. 

1.did "clean printheads" using the printer itself

2."washed" the printhead with hot water, using instructions on HP website.

result: all colors started working, but only temporarily. yellow only partially. my new ink was used up in about a week.    maybe from repeatedly  "cleaning the printheads". Putting in another new (magenta and cyan ) cartridge STILL did not fix problems. now my printer prints partialy some colors some of the time, according to its moods. calling HP tech support is highly unsatisfactry, they try to convince me to "upgrade" that is buy a new printer! this one is ony about a year and three months old, hence three months out of warranty! Can't we get service and parts wihout buying a new one every year???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation