01-19-2012 05:50 PM
regarding my officejet 6500 E709n: I just replaced all four ink cartridges with brand new HP ink. the printed accepted the new cartridges, but the cyan and yellow doesn't print! it worked perfectly fine before. ink levels show "full". I tried replacing with other new cartridges, in case they are damaged, but that did not help.
using windows vista as operating system.
02-25-2012 09:54 PM
here are steps I took to try to fix the problem.
1.did "clean printheads" using the printer itself
2."washed" the printhead with hot water, using instructions on HP website.
result: all colors started working, but only temporarily. yellow only partially. my new ink was used up in about a week. maybe from repeatedly "cleaning the printheads". Putting in another new (magenta and cyan ) cartridge STILL did not fix problems. now my printer prints partialy some colors some of the time, according to its moods. calling HP tech support is highly unsatisfactry, they try to convince me to "upgrade" that is buy a new printer! this one is ony about a year and three months old, hence three months out of warranty! Can't we get service and parts wihout buying a new one every year???
12-25-2014 09:21 AM
officejet 6500 tell me wrong yellow cartridge is in printetrieed 3 otherss, I've got a hundred dollars tied up in ink..
any help out there"
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?