Re: officejet 7410 leaks from color cartridge (107 Views)
Top Student
gooster
Message 1 of 11 (130 Views)

officejet 7410 leaks from color cartridge

My officejet 7410 has set idle for almost 2 years while I was out of the country. I installed new cartridges and it printed beautifully as it did before. But after sitting for a day the color cartidge would leak and smear profusely. I replaced it with another OEM cartridge (twicw) with same results. No broken springs, smooth insertion and clean contacts. I turned the printer off and reset to factory defaults...no luck. Total pages from this printer since new is less than 200.

Teacher
priyaS
Message 2 of 11 (125 Views)

Re: officejet 7410 leaks from color cartridge

What is the ink cartridge number that you are using?

Top Student
gooster
Message 3 of 11 (124 Views)

Hi..I'm using HP #95 Tri-Color

Teacher
priyaS
Message 4 of 11 (118 Views)

• Are you able to Print Quality Report and also try cleaning the printhead again

Top Student
gooster
Message 5 of 11 (116 Views)

yes..the print head has been eliminated as the problem. The cartridge has been replaced three times from three different retail sources and results are the same. I suspect a firmware issue that is allowing the print head to slowly 'weep' as it sits idle. I can print but only after 3 or 4 head cleaning and alignment processess. Eventually the print head will never be cleaned to satisfaction.

Teacher
priyaS
Message 6 of 11 (109 Views)

Please check the warranty on the printhead , if it is in warranty you can call up HP and check for replacement of the printhead... since it has been idle for about 2 years the nossles might have dried up.It is normally advisable to use the printer regularly to avoid these problems.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking all this from my own experience and not for HP.

Top Student
gooster
Message 7 of 11 (107 Views)

That was the first thing I did. I knew the heads would not be good after sitting so long. I didn't have the problem before I left. The unit functioned perfectly. The last three print heads are less than a month old. I at first thought the head was the problem and didn't think twice about replacing it. But now the third is in and still the problem exists. It's definitely another problem. Does a firmware update exist?

Teacher
priyaS
Message 8 of 11 (99 Views)

If it is in warranty than yes it updates depending on the troubleshooting done by the technician. If those steps fails they might go for updating the printhead and check.

Try calling the 18004746836(hp invent) once. There's no harm in trying.right??

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking all this from my own experience and not for HP.

Top Student
gooster
Message 9 of 11 (95 Views)

Thanks for trying. I'll give a call and see what happens. Otherwise it's off to the recycling center and I'm off to buy a new printer. Too bad. . . I spent a lot of money on this thing.

Teacher
priyaS
Message 10 of 11 (93 Views)

Not to worry once you call them, they will take care of the rest of your issue. Infact you can call them right now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation