officejet pro 8600 plus. Error message: cartridge missing or damaged (731 Views)
Tutor
lakegirl10
Message 1 of 3 (731 Views)

officejet pro 8600 plus. Error message: cartridge missing or damaged

Just installed a new printer head to the tune of $120.00. It came with set-up cartridges that you are required to use. Installed new  printer head and cartridges. Now I get the error message of cartridges missing or damaged. I have taken out the cartridges and printer head about 5 times and still get the message. Do I dare try using my old cartridges (which were actually brand new - more $ wasted)?? how can I run a business without a printer, scanner, and fax?!?

Master's Graduate
silvyg
Message 2 of 3 (718 Views)

Re: officejet pro 8600 plus. Error message: cartridge missing or damaged

Hi,

Please refer to these HP documents

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02899429&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03096304&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Hope these help..

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Tutor
lakegirl10
Message 3 of 3 (705 Views)

Re: officejet pro 8600 plus. Error message: cartridge missing or damaged

Thank you for your time, but I have already viewed these documents and completed these procedures to no avail. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation