04-25-2014 04:34 PM
Hi, I have an officejet 4500 series all in one. HP 901 is the ink it uses--there is a black cartridge and also a tri color cartridge--I have no need to print in color. Can I just replace the back ink and ignore the tri-color?
Also, are the XL cartridges worth the extra money? do they really print a lot more pages than the basic cartridges?
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!
P.S. using Windows 8
04-29-2014 11:51 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I see that you are wanting to use just the black ink cartridge. I have taken some time and research this issue. With some of the HP printers this would be an option but just to finish a print job that is in process. Unfortunately with the model you are using, this is not an option.
As for the usage comparison for the regular size ink cartridges and the XL cartridges, please click on the following link and you will see that the difference is considerable. Ink & toner supplies.
Thank you for your time.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?