Question

Top Student
figubedu
Message 1 of 2 (46 Views)

photosmart 7520 ink usage

I have a photosmart 7520 all in one printer.  Question:  When regular black ink cartridge is depleted, does the printer automatically use the photo black cartridge to provide ink in order to continue printing?  If so, does it continue to do so until the photo black cartridge is depleted?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (38 Views)

Re: photosmart 7520 ink usage

figubedu

Short answer:  No, the cartridges are not interchangeable in this sense.  The photo black and regular black are for different "black" uses.  Need both.

You might be able to get away with switching the Printing Preferences > Advanced > Print in Grayscale (On)

You might be able to get some sort of output from the printer that way if you really do not want to replace the black cartridge for some reason.   The only issue is the one mentioned:  different backgrounds, image printing, documents, the like -- need different blacks.  ??

Maybe one of our Printer Experts can tell us more.

You can order replacement ink to ship to your location from HP SureSupply

Free shipping and shipping is ultra-fast, too, at least in the USA.

I use the 564XL cartridges of all the colors in my 7520.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation