05-29-2014 05:14 AM
Hi, I have a photosmart B110A and the black has stopped printing. Was working fine before this issue.
Plenty of ink though I did replace the cartridge with a new one and same problem. Ran all the head alignment, cleaning tests, etc. Reseated the cartridge. Cleaned the vent on the top of the cartridge. Powered off and on. Still nothing.
Is there any solution to this problem?
This question was solved. View Solution.
05-29-2014 10:43 AM
As this is a B110a, if it's out of warranty, one thing worth a try is soaking the printhead....
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Could you please let me know if this works?
05-30-2014 02:17 AM
Thanks very much, this seems to have fixed the problem. Though I have consumed so much ink there is now none left in any cartridges I will need to replace before I can be 100%