Question

Honor Student
hydrogman
Message 1 of 4 (99 Views)

photosmart6520 barely putting ink on the paper

[ Edited ]

I have installed new hp cartrages because printer would not put ink on the paper. I have already cleaned the pinheads and alligned the cartrages before I purchased the new ones. I have realligned the new cartrages but have not cleaned the pinheads again. I am connected by wire to my touchsmart envy20. I purchased both less than two years ago and changed the cartrages several times in the past, using hp product only.  I am using the same paper I always have.

It seems the ink won't come out of the cartrages, but the printer seems to be working as it should.

Got any suggestions?

Thanks for your time..............Martin Ribaudo...........[edited]

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: photosmart6520 barely putting ink on the paper

Hi Martin,

For the PS 6520 it's worth checking you have the latest firmware. I'd also advise calling HP Phone Support, even if it's out of warranty, as you may require a replacement.

Firmware updates

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Getting-the-latest-FIRMWARE-amp-PR...

Phone no.s

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
hydrogman
Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)

Sorry, but the views say this is not a solution. If this is the kind of crap HP pulls, I will buy another brand.

Thanks for your time to answer the post.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (54 Views)

Hi hydrogman

I hear your frustration, and I'm sorry to hear you're switching brands. If you happen to change your mind it could be worth a call to Support, in particular as this is a 6520 printer released in 2012.....

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation