Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have purchace new black catridge but error messege will sowing  incorrect black print catridge problem

HP Recommended

@Santhoshionan - Do you have the same printer as the other authors in this thread? If so, look at the link provided in message two . After you have completed the steps listed in that document, proceed to do the hard reset shown in message five. Make sure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet to ensure that is it getting to proper amount of power. A surge protector is not needed and when the machine is not getting the proper amount of power, it can produce erroneous messages, even if the machine had been powered that way since it was purchased.  If you have the issue after the hard reset, I would then do the reset recommended in step 7 of the thread. I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

If I understand you correctly, they did not solve the existing printer problem, they replaced your printer!  Is that correct?

HP Recommended

Hp or any printer producing companies do not want to take responsibility for the cartidge problems. Because they make good money out of it by selling cheaply packed and scaremongering by using your hand on

solution options:

Use genuine  HP cartridges:it is scaremongering to sell their product more.

Figure 12: Do not touch the contacts or ink nozzles:
it is another excuse to make you to buy another expensive cartidges. please feel free to clean the contacts with anything to make shiny:i have used perfume/alcohol/ lime drops to clean my black cartidge. it works very well well.

Illustration of how not to touch the contacts or ink nozzles

basically: any printer cartdge producers don't make oxidation free contacts:ie cheap packing. and put the blame on customers by adding so many scaremongering clauses :ie don't touch contacts bla bla...

simple: clean the contacts with acid/alcohol/or perfume with nice dry cotton cloth:it will work. don't throw your printer or don't buy new cartidge unless you tried all these sort of cleanings.

HP Recommended

Hi unggoy1965, 

So if you've tried all the usual troubleshooting and it's a genuine HP cartridge I would recommend contacting HP phone support. You can first check the cartridge warranty ends date.....

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00206040

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hello,

I inserted a new cartidge, the answer on the display is, look in your book, but i don't know where it is so what can i do?

HP Recommended

Hi, which printer model do you have?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Step one, wipe off ribbon with alcohol from smudges.
Step two, open and leave only the color ink.
Step three, no black ink flashes, hit OK .

I'll match the brand to the printer and I'll re post if error will then pop up.
HP Recommended

I had my cartridges filled at Costco and I get an "Incompatible printer cartirdge" error message.

I don't like all this rigamarole of just wanting to print.  I will look to uninstall some of the

HP nonsense programs.  We shouldn't have to held hostage into buying real expensive ink.

Please send me information on how to disable that error message.  Or, I may just have to

drive up to Palo Alto, go to your front lawn and light the **bleep** printer on fire!

And, Yanalce-Teacher -- you were no help...you just posted the standard HP bull crap.

HP Recommended

Thanks! It worked. You saved me from having to purchase a new printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.