01-11-2012 10:21 PM
Click on the link below and see if the steps provided helps you solve the problem. If the steps still doesn't help
solve your problem, contact HP and have the product service.
Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
01-22-2013 10:55 PM
Purchased two new hp 901 black ink cartridges to replace and still displays the error message. Unfortunately, I am unable to return the items back to the store because I opened both packaging.
01-23-2013 10:10 AM
To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.
02-12-2013 11:01 AM
@ barbielynn - Have you done the above linked document and performed the cleaning to the black cartridge? If so, I would repeat the manual cleaning and then remove both cartridges from the machine and close the access door. Then repeat the hard reset in my above post. Once the printer recognizes the cartridges are missing, open the access door and put the cartridge back in the printer. Then reattempt to print.
03-14-2013 05:02 PM
I have completed all the steps described on
but and I’m still experiencing THE problem: After I install a new original HP cartridge, the 'Incorrect Print Cartridge(Black) error message displays on the computer. It has no problem with all my old empty cartridges. Only a new one I just opened and it is not refundable 24,99$CA+Tax=28,73$CA.
Please do something!!!!!!!
Product # CC653AC
Ser. N 1737652092390241
Exp date 2014/11/28
just bought at Future Shop 2013/03/08
03-16-2013 06:59 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem. I have an empty black cartridge 901xl which got refilled and got emptied again, so I bought a new cartridge Black 901 from Best Buy. It never worked, getting the same message Cartrige Problem Black. If I replace it with the old cartridge, the message goes away. Din't get the chance to get the brand new one. gggrrr.
03-17-2013 08:38 PM
Problem solved, I went to the Future Shop. I've been very polite with my explanation about grrrrr cartridge... I printed all my posts to the HP support+the 6 steps suggested on HP site (including contact cleaning and hard shut down, and prinnter soft reinstalation that I did hopping it will work. Future Shop exchanged it thanks to them.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?