Question

Honor Student
Leslie24
Message 1 of 4 (230 Views)

printer cartridge cannot move 5170

Hi

My 5170 has provided steady service as a printer for 10 years now.  A few days ago there was perhaps a paper jam.  When I pulled out the half printed and scrunched up sheet, I was unable to get the printer to resume printing.

The message I get is " The printer cartridge cannot move".  The print cartridges are on the far left hand side in the printer.  I have cleared all paper and done as much trouble shooting as I can find ideas and instructions for.  The top two lights are blinking amber and the bottom light is blinking green.

Is there anything I can do to save this printer or has it died?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (212 Views)

Re: printer cartridge cannot move 5170

Hi Leslie, I noticed you have having an issue with your printer giving you an error message saying "The printer cartridge cannot move". I would like to help you with this problem. I am first going to recommend performing a Power Reset.

If that does not resolve the issue you are having, could you please respond to me with your product/model number.

Thank you, take care.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Leslie24
Message 3 of 4 (209 Views)

Hi

thanks for the tip about the power restart which sadly did not work.  My model is HP photosmart 7150.  The printer cartridges are jammed on the opposite side of the printer to where they normally are.

Cheers

Leslie

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (204 Views)

Hi Leslie, thank you for responding and sorry to hear the cartridges are stuck in the printer.

I have a few documents I have been looking through for you, you have mentioned you have cleared the paper jam you had previously and that did not resolve the problem.

I suggest looking through the documents and if there are any troubleshooting steps you haven't tried, I suggest trying them.

I really hope this helps you get printing again.

"Stalled Carriage" or "Print Cartridge Cradle is Stuck" Errors

Please see Step 4 in this document (Cleaning the rollers)

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation