protected cartridge" notice (1071 Views)
Student
ccglass
Message 1 of 3 (1,071 Views)

protected cartridge" notice

I recently had to replace my HP Officejet 4620 thru HP and they sent me another hp 4620. I have since used up the setup cartridge and tried to replace it with a cartridge I had used on the first printer. Now I'm getting a "protected cartridge" notice on the screen and it won't accept it. Anyone have suggestions around this?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 3 (1,063 Views)

protected cartridge" notice

I would inspect, clean , reseat the cartridges and then reset the printer. Here is a link to a document that addresses cartridge rejection errors for your printer. I know that it is not titled the same as the error you are receiving, but it does give the steps that one should take when getting a cartridge error message. If after completing those steps, if still getting the error, I would try another cartridge as the one you have might be faulty.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (934 Views)

Re: protected cartridge" notice

Hi, you won't be able to use a SETUP if it's already been used on another printer.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation