01-23-2012 07:30 PM
Getting "Carriage Jam" error. When I pull out the cartridges, the black tray under the cartridge housing is full of gummy, dried up black ink. The black tray does not move smoothly. It appears that the tracks the tray slides on are gummed up.
There are also what appear to be sponges below the black tray that are full of lumpy piles of dried up ink.
I assume the fact that the black tray is not sliding back and forth freely is the reason for the printer not to print, and the "Carriage Jam' message. (The scanner works fine.)
What can I use to clean out the ink? Can the sponges be cleaned or replaced?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?