Question

Honor Student
tomster0075
Message 1 of 3 (105 Views)
Accepted Solution

quality of HP 6600 color printing has deteriorated despite cleaning

I have tried the three levels of cleaning and I still have horizontal lines on the test printing page in the colored boxes at the bottom.  I have trouble trying to print green or blue.  Can my 6600 be saved?

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 3 (78 Views)

Re: quality of HP 6600 color printing has deteriorated despite cleaning

Hello tomster0075,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're receiving horizontal lines on the test page and in the colored boxes using the Officejet 6600. I will do my best to assist you! The only suggestion I can provide is following this entire HP document on Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.

You can try cleaning the printhead again until you receive satisfactory quality. Try aligning this printer as well since you're receiving some lines through this test page.

If you're receiving the same issue, then please contact HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
tomster0075
Message 3 of 3 (55 Views)

Re: quality of HP 6600 color printing has deteriorated despite cleaning

I have run the clean printhead series five or six times and the horizontal lines are almost completely gone.  Thanks so much!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation