05-13-2014 09:19 AM
My Hp 8600 officeject no longer displays ink levels in each color when I use refilled ink cartridges. Is there another way to determine when any one color is getting low (eg: by copying a color chart?)
05-14-2014 09:14 AM
For Refilled cartridges there is no way to display the Ink level.
The cartridges have a chip that records the ink levels as per the usage and this happens for brand new cartridges.
Once the level goes down the reading is saved in the memory that cannot be changed.
Even though cartridges are refilled it will not detect the ink level.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your is
05-14-2014 09:26 AM
HP cannot gurantee the quality of printout with a re-filled ink.
Try this link: c02876509
If the link is not helpful, try printing a Print Quality Report.
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.
Have a good day.
Click Kudos if you like my post.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?