Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good day. Need instructions for disassembling the printer 6525 "ink advantage", namely the need to remove the print head to wash it. How to remove printhead? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello maledik,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

Just so you are aware, the print head on this unit is none removable.  If you are having issues with the print quality, I suggest you click on the following link for Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 6520 e-All-in-One and HP Photosmart 6....

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,   :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I disassembled the printer. Removed the printhead. Now soak in the wash fluid. Excuse my English (translation google)

HP Recommended

Hello maledik,

Seeing that you have removed the printhead and are looking for instructions to reassemble the printer, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

Thanks once again for your time.

Cheers,   :OpenSmile:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The impression is that you are not helping, but just rushes links to instructions for Dummies. I needed instructions for disassembling the printer, and you give me a link for troubleshooting .... I wrote that already disassembled the printer and print head is already soak in the washing liquid. Assembly instructions I do not need.  And no tech support will not help if in head dried ink. Thank U. 

HP Recommended

Hello maledik,

As I stated in my very first response "Just so you are aware, the print head on this unit is none removable." 

What I gave you was the proper troubleshooting guides to attempt to resolve the issue without taking the printer apart (which is NOT supported). 

The reason why I gave you instructions to contact HP Total Care is to see about out of warranty options.  We do not have any repair centres and we do not support disassembling the products. If you require a repair, you would need to call in to HP Total Care.

Thanks once again for your time. 

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
So what you are really saying is, we all bought a piece of crap that can't be fixed and we should throw it away and buy from a good company that doesn't make expensive disposable printers.
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums.

Just so you are aware, the print head on this unit is none removable.  If you are having issues with the print quality, I suggest you click on the following link for Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 6520 e-All-in-One and HP Photosmart 6....

Thanks for your time.

the link gives a 404 error

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.