Question

Student
ajbac
Message 1 of 5 (523 Views)

the printer is saying ink is depleted when it isn't

What would cause a new printer with new ink cartridges to give the error message that ink is depleted?  Different colors will show empty at different times.

We have removed the cartridges and shook them to no avail.

Any  suggestions before we buy new cartridges?

Alex

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 5 (501 Views)

Re: the printer is saying ink is depleted when it isn't

Hello ajbac

In order for the community to be of assistance please include your printer model and operating system.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
kcleland
Message 3 of 5 (488 Views)

I"m having this problem too, with and HP Officejet 3200 with 02 black cartridges. I've put in two completely brand new ones, and for one it says you've put in a new cartrige, but then it says the cartridge is empty (its not), and the second on it won't even recognize that there's a new cartridge...  neither cartridge is out of date, they were both purchases at an office max in the past 30 days and were in the original packaging until today. I'm about to take them back to the store for my money back.

Student
mheather93
Message 4 of 5 (481 Views)

I'm having the same issue with my B210a Photosmart Plus. Just replaced the ink cartridges today  & the screen reads they are depleted - with the black exclamation point inside a yellow yield sign. It is frustrating. Tried finding fixes on google for 2 hours, read many posts, but no fixes for my specific printer yet. Just waiting along with others for a fix to this issue.

Student
arrianna
Message 5 of 5 (98 Views)

hpphotosmart c4795 SAYS origninal HP Ink has been depleted!  Help!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation