02-12-2012 06:42 PM
What would cause a new printer with new ink cartridges to give the error message that ink is depleted? Different colors will show empty at different times.
We have removed the cartridges and shook them to no avail.
Any suggestions before we buy new cartridges?
02-14-2012 03:00 PM
In order for the community to be of assistance please include your printer model and operating system.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
02-14-2012 05:18 PM
I"m having this problem too, with and HP Officejet 3200 with 02 black cartridges. I've put in two completely brand new ones, and for one it says you've put in a new cartrige, but then it says the cartridge is empty (its not), and the second on it won't even recognize that there's a new cartridge... neither cartridge is out of date, they were both purchases at an office max in the past 30 days and were in the original packaging until today. I'm about to take them back to the store for my money back.
02-14-2012 10:40 PM
I'm having the same issue with my B210a Photosmart Plus. Just replaced the ink cartridges today & the screen reads they are depleted - with the black exclamation point inside a yellow yield sign. It is frustrating. Tried finding fixes on google for 2 hours, read many posts, but no fixes for my specific printer yet. Just waiting along with others for a fix to this issue.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?