Question
the printhead installed is not intended for use in this printer or is damaged..
Replies (17)

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 11 of 18 (977 Views)

Re: the printhead installed is not intended for use in this printer or is damaged..

[ Edited ]

Glad that the device is now working for you.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
jacko1
Message 12 of 18 (959 Views)

Re: the printhead installed is not intended for use in this printer or is damaged..

model #309a same prob as others any solution

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 13 of 18 (939 Views)

Hi jacko1

I understand you are getting a message for the printhead not being detected on the Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a.

I included a document for cleaning the printhead.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01794817&lc=en&product=3737195&tmp...

This document will provide steps for checking the cartridges and printhead cleanings.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03957991&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Hope that helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
VLATERO
Message 14 of 18 (452 Views)

what is the problem and how can it be solved

Student
laura57
Message 15 of 18 (362 Views)

I cannot follow the suggestions because I cannot get to the setup to clean the printheads.  This message is blocking my entry.

Please help.

Student
alice20
Message 16 of 18 (251 Views)

I get the above message ..it worked fine before.Installed new ink cartridges  no help

Honor Student
VLATERO
Message 17 of 18 (239 Views)

On the advise of a member of the forum I cleaned the PRINTHEAD AND CATRDGES and the problem was solved.

I was under the impression that I had advised and thanked the forum at the time but if my message was not received I apologise.

VLATERO

Honor Student
VLATERO
Message 18 of 18 (238 Views)

The printhead and catridges must be cleaned mannualy

VLATERO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation