Re: when i try to print on envelopes i get a few black lines in the top corner - why? (141 Views)
Student
Marc79
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

when i try to print on envelopes i get a few black lines in the top corner - why?

I have an HP Photosmart C6380.  I have been trying to print on envelopes.  I have the correct size and am printing in all black.  When the envelope comes out - there are a few straight black lines in the top left corner (where the return address is located).  The return address printes fine but right on the edge and sometimes as many as 3 or 4 small black lines are printed.  Anyone have this problem?  I have cleaned the printheads, cleaned the actual ink wells, rollers, etc.

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: when i try to print on envelopes i get a few black lines in the top corner - why?

I'd recommend performing an alignment to see if the same issue is reproduced.

If you still experience issues you can visit this link for the hardware diagnostic to see if that helps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02762272&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=356...

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation