04-22-2012 12:37 PM
hp photosmart 6515 windows 7 64 bit tried to replace black ink cartridge, the one with 5 sided symbol, message came up wrong generation ink cartridge for this printer.
09-21-2012 04:41 AM
Hi pejay, you should contact HP phone support for this issue. Tell them you got an Incompatible Older Generation Cartridge error message, and tell them the exact product number of the cartridge. More details in the link below
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?