Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So, I've had this 5510 'all in one' for a month and it's giving me this message.

Printhead Damged. Contact HP.

Tried the HP website, tried Googling it. No joy.

How do I fix this?

Also, it says contact HP. How do I contact them? I don't find any contact info on the site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello there,

I am sorry about the printhead failure after 1 month. Frustrating. Here is the link to the phone numbers for calling HP. If you are in the US, it is 1-800-HP-INVENT.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
M-DOT

ALthough I work for HP, I am speaking on behalf of myself.

Although I am a Hewlett-Packard employee, the comments I provide are my own.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello! Could you please provide more information regarding the issue, such as which product you are using? Any additional information will be helpful in resolving your issue. Thanks!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

"Could you please provide more information regarding the issue, such as which product you are using?"

I did. It's the 5510 All-in-One.

I pulled the ink cartridges out, gave the contacts a clean. Some places suggested you can pull the whole print head off and clean its contacts but I have not figured out how to do that.

It has been running OK for a month. Now, when I turn it on, I get 'Print head damaged. Call HP' and that's all.

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Is it an Officejet or a Photosmart printer? Both have a 5510 All-in-One and have distinct differences.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

It's a PhotoSmart.

Man, you guys just don't make this Service Support thing easy do you? This is really disappointing. I'll wait one more day, and if this isn't fixed, i'm going to put it out on the street and go buy a Dell instead.

HP Recommended

I would suggest removing the ink cartridges from the printhead and ensuring that there are no obstructions or debris inside of the printer. With a small amount of pressure see if the printhead carriage can be moved slightly and check to ensure the printhead isn't wobbly or damaged.

If this does not fix the issue I would suggest taking a look at this article:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00206040

Since you just got the printer you may want to contact support or have it replaced through the warranty.

HP Recommended

It's all right. I've found a phone number and am handling the problem directly via tech support. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I got the same printer a couple of months ago and started having this problem today. 

HP Recommended

Hello there,

I am sorry about the printhead failure after 1 month. Frustrating. Here is the link to the phone numbers for calling HP. If you are in the US, it is 1-800-HP-INVENT.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
M-DOT

ALthough I work for HP, I am speaking on behalf of myself.

Although I am a Hewlett-Packard employee, the comments I provide are my own.
HP Recommended

The solution was that HP sent me a new printer. Have had no problems with this one.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.