Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I cannot set 2-sided printing on my Photosmart 5520e for Word documents. I am sure that i did see this option previously in my Print Menu but cannot access it now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

To clarify, the Photosmart 5520 do support automatic duplex printing:

Conserving resources is automatic with two-sided prints and copies. 
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/printers/product-detail.html?oid=5157537&jumpid=oc_r1002_usen_c-00...

Open the file you would like to printer and select Print from the File menu
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click on Show Details to see all available settings.

Click the Copies & Pages drop down menu and select Layout.

Set the Two-Sided option as Long-Edge binding (Portrait), or Long-Edge binding (landscape).

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This printer does not do automatic 2-sided printing, however you can print Odd number pages, then flip the output paper back into the input tray, then print even number pages.

When you start a print job (File > Print or command-P), click Show Details along the bottom, then on the lowest pull-down choose Paper Handling.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

To clarify, the Photosmart 5520 do support automatic duplex printing:

Conserving resources is automatic with two-sided prints and copies. 
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/printers/product-detail.html?oid=5157537&jumpid=oc_r1002_usen_c-00...

Open the file you would like to printer and select Print from the File menu
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click on Show Details to see all available settings.

Click the Copies & Pages drop down menu and select Layout.

Set the Two-Sided option as Long-Edge binding (Portrait), or Long-Edge binding (landscape).

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Many thanks Shlomi. It would be nice if it was always as easy as that!
HP Recommended

I found an easy work around. I could not print double sided from Word no matter how I tried! Instead, I saved my Word document as a pdf. When I went to print the pdf file the option to print double sided was available and clearly visable. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.