11-22-2013 01:14 PM
My computer is a ENVY 23 Touchsmart running Windows 8.1 (64-bits). I connect wirelessly to my Officejet Pro 276DW. I have the latest driver (OJ276_DW_90) installed.
My Word 2013 document has two sections. Section 1 is a six page table of contents. Section 2 consists of 28 pages. I print the document duplex. Part way through the printing I get an error notification stating "error printing on HP OfficeJet Pro 276DW. The printer could not print Microsoft Word -" and then the name of the document. However, the document appears to print correctly.
I went out to the HP driver and support webpage to ensure that I have the latest driver. On the page was something about subscribing to drivers support alerts which I already do. But it also said, "downloads for this product are not available through this website."
I just tried printing the document again. It printed 2 pages of the TOC and 8 pages of the document. It did this six times before I could cancel the job.
I'm going to go back to using the 8600 class printer driver (in most jobs it's better than the 276dw driver) UNTIL HP GETS THIS PROBLEM FIXED!
During my testing I noticed that when I connect my computer to the printer using an ethernet cable it worked fine. There's a problem with the wireless driver action.
08-27-2014 09:43 PM
Regarding to the first problem with the printing error messges and printing unable to stop when cancelling, you may download the latest FW from the link below:
Kindly make sure that the wifi connection is strong.
As for the 2nd problem, unable to sign up the subcribing of driver and support alert:
You may try to sign up again, by clinking the link above.
I managed to subscribe twice without failure, good luck to you. = )
08-28-2014 12:31 AM
For the first issues printing with error messages, I have some inputs here.
Pls try out the steps below to connect to TCP/IP port.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click on Devices and Printers.
3. Right click on the 276dw.
4. Click on Printer Properties.
5. Click on the Ports tab.
6. Click on the Add Port button.
7. In the Available port types box, select Standard TCP/IP Port.
8. Click on the New Port button.
9. Click on the Next button.
10. In the Printer Name or IP Address box, enter thye correct IP Address.
11. Click on the Next button.
12. Click on the OK button. If only one copy of the printer appears in the Device and Printers go to step 22.
13. Delete both copies of the 276DW printer.
14. Click on the Add A Printer button.
15. In the Select a Printer, select the printer with the correct IP Address.
16. Click on the Next button.
17. In the Which version of the driver do you want to use, select Use the driver that is currently installed.
18. Click on the Next button.
19. Click on the Next button.
20. In the Printer Sharing, click on the Next button.
21. Click on the Finish button.
22. If the printer icon is NOT grayed out, go to step 28.
23. Right click on the 276DW printer.
24. Click on See What’s Printing. This will open the Printer Spooler.
25. Click on the Printer menu.
26. Uncheck Use Printer Offline.
27. Close the Printer Spooler.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)