Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050A
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi!

I'm unable to scan using the scan button on the printer, over Wifi. I get the message Computer not found. Ensure the HP software has been installed on the computer.

I've been printing fine, but I've just downloaded the latest software and I now have the following installed:

HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series Basic Device Software - 28.0.1315.0

HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series Help 140.0.2.2

HP Support Assistant - 8.4.10.3

HP Update - 5.005.005.002

I can scan from my PC using the Scan function via the HP AiO app, but it's a pain having to keep walking from printer to scanner and back again.

(One more thing if anyone knows - is there anyway the software will incremently save the file name of scans - every time i hit save i have to give it a new name, and it'd be easier if it automatically named files Doc1, Doc2.....)

Thanks!

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MonkeyButler

Assuming you have tried the basics > download Full Feature Software > remove old program > reboot > install Full Feature Software > reboot

then

sometimes Updates can interfere with the scan-to-PC enable setting

The following may be helpful - when you are satisfied with the installation of the printer software, check the Sub-Section: Scan to PC App Enable

Printer:

HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One Printer - J611a

Full Feature Software:

Release details

Released: Nov 30, 2015

Version 28.8

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

NOTE: If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10, you may need to >> download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software > remove the existing printer software > reboot > install Full Feature Software > reboot

Section(s) included:

• The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy
  • Restart Everything
  • Download and Installation
  • Remove Printer Software
  • See who and what is on your network

Section:

• Scanner Connection Lost >> Sub-Section: Scan to PC App Enable

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MonkeyButler

Assuming you have tried the basics > download Full Feature Software > remove old program > reboot > install Full Feature Software > reboot

then

sometimes Updates can interfere with the scan-to-PC enable setting

The following may be helpful - when you are satisfied with the installation of the printer software, check the Sub-Section: Scan to PC App Enable

Printer:

HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One Printer - J611a

Full Feature Software:

Release details

Released: Nov 30, 2015

Version 28.8

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

NOTE: If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10, you may need to >> download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software > remove the existing printer software > reboot > install Full Feature Software > reboot

Section(s) included:

• The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy
  • Restart Everything
  • Download and Installation
  • Remove Printer Software
  • See who and what is on your network

Section:

• Scanner Connection Lost >> Sub-Section: Scan to PC App Enable

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I haven't been able to find the "Scan" button on the HP3054 All in One. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.