Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (767 Views)

6520 - Problem with use of photo tray

I've seen some discussion of similar problems in other forums, but no soolutions help me.

I recently set up a new 6520 all-in-one on a PC running Windows 7 Professional. Because I had it a while before the install, I downloaded everything from the hp site. I did not use the cd. I think I should have all the latest softare and drivers.

If I print photos wirelessly from an iPod or iPad, the printing goes to the photo tray just fine so I know the mechanism works. (If I print a document from the iPod or iPad, it goes to the other tray just fine, by the way.)

I cannot, however, get printing from the PC to go to the photo tray. I've tried windows photo viewer, GIMP, and right clicking on a jpeg and selecting print. When I can find the dialog, I do select photo tray and 4X6. Whatever I do, the print comes out using the bottom tray.

I can, of course, put the photo paper in the bottom tray, select 4 X 6 and then it works just fine.

So. Is this a feature? Is there some detail I'm missing? Help!

Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (753 Views)

Re: 6520 - Problem with use of photo tray

OK, I've continued searching. One of the entries in this forum tells to use the hp software for printing. I find that with a little honking around I can print a saved jpeg using HP Photo Creations and it will print to the photo tray. So, I know it works. That, however, means I have to do some work in another program, save the result, then print from Photo Creations. Now, as I've noted above, GIMP gives me a dialogue that allows me to select the photo tray, but it doesn't take. I still wonder what I'm missing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation