Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 6830 All in One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I purchased a brand new 6830 at Best Buy only to have a printhead issue in February 2016 after only a 4 or 5 months.  I was sent a refurbished (replacement) printer.  It worked fine until yesterday (June 17, 2016) only 4 months.  I unplugged the printer to relocate it to another room and when I plugged it back in to use it, I am getting the "setup" sequence.  I don't need to set it up.  It is requiring the setup ink cartridges but I have bought and used 2 complete sets of brand new ink since the setup ink, so I don't know why this is happening. 

I went throught the troubleshooting sequence three times  that was supposed to reset the printer and still it is stuck on the screen that says to "continue" the setup.  When I touch "continue" this is where it requires the "setup cartridges". 

I  need this printer to work, I don't need another refurbished printer and I don't need a printer that stops working every three or four months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!! We are now printing! 

In the future if this happens again, should I go through this same process or contact support?  I don't anticipate moving the equipment but I would like to be prepared if this happens again.

Thanks,

Scrapper 524

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Scrapper524

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your 6830 is asking for setup cartridges. I would like to help. 

I have sent you a private message with some steps to try. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I appreciate your answer and response however, I cannot find the "system configuration" you have suggested I use.  If you could give me more information concerning the location of the "system configuration" file, I will try the solution you have suggested.  If this file is on the printer software, a search is not recognizing it nor is it recognizing it using a complete system search.  I have done numerous searches for "system configuration" , "Trade at 00BE" as well as 00BE.  Nothing found.

I'm sorry to say that my experience with this printer is giving me pause to contemplate not using HP for my futrue printing needs.  Currently I have two HP laptops and a HP 1500 series.  But having these consistent problems isn't fairing well with me.  I need functioning equipment without down time. Please help as quickly if at all possible.

Sincerely,

Scrapper0524

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!! We are now printing! 

In the future if this happens again, should I go through this same process or contact support?  I don't anticipate moving the equipment but I would like to be prepared if this happens again.

Thanks,

Scrapper 524

HP Recommended

If you have this thread bookmarked or saved, simply go over it again if needed. You can contact support if you wish or post again. If you ever need/want phone support, this link should help create a case. www.hp.com/contacthp/

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.