Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Inkjet printer 6830 pro
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi folks, I'm helping out a friend. He has a inkjet printer 6830 pro. He had different proplems but most of them I could fix with the HP fixit tool. So the printing itself now, the colors etc. are good. The problem that is left is that whenever he starts to printout flyers etc. It sometimes goes well for a while and then suddenly without a clear cause it stops printing the flyers. Since the printing , the colors etc. look very good, I think the feeder is not working correctly. I will include a picture that makes it more clear why I think that's the problem. But maybe you folks might know if it's a known problem?

You see the pic on it's side. Thanx for the help!

WP_20170213_18_47_29_Pro.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Nate777

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting the issue with printer document feeder. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Is the paper getting jammed while printing from ADF?
  • Are you getting the print quality issue?
  •  

Meanwhile:

• Clean the ADF rollers with a lint-free cloth.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. No the papper doesn't get jammed, it only looks like it is jammed if you look at the pic I attached.

The testprint looks good. First it didn't, but after I used Scandoctor tool it looks very good. But the problem still remains.

Stupid question maybe, but what are the ADF rollers and with a lintfree clothe you mean something from linnen or so?

Thank you again for your reply, I couldn't respond earlier.

HP Recommended

@Nate777

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

Thank you for replying, I understand the paper isn't jammed, although you still get the message and it looks like it's jammed 😉

And I have a few recommendations for your printer:

Solution one: Turn the printer off and then on again

Turning the printer off and then on partially resets the printer. Follow these steps to restart the printer.

1. Press the Power button to turn off the printer. If the printer does not turn off, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Wait 60 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

4. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

NOTE:

The printer might go through a warm-up period, which might last several minutes. Wait until the warm-up period completes before you continue.

• If the printer ejects any paper and the printer control panel no longer displays the error message, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the printer does not eject any paper and the printer control panel still displays the error message, continue to the next solution to clear the jam from the printer.

Solution two: Clear any jammed paper

Follow these steps in the order presented to clear any jammed paper from the ADF, and then print a Printer Status Report.

To avoid recurring paper jams in the ADF:

• Do not print on paper with paper clips or staples attached.

• Do not force paper or load too much paper into the ADF document feeder tray.

Click here for more details and step by step instructions.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It sound strange maybe but I think I found out what the problem was. Resetting (start up again) didn't do the job. But they tried copying instead of printing. Then it worked. So then it became more likely a cable connection problem. So I activated the wireless connection now. So I'll wait a few days now and she if it works now. I'll. Let you know.
HP Recommended

@Nate777

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.