Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 7612
Linux

Hi, 

I have an officejet 7612, which keeps trying to update web servies fore eprint and apps. It tries to update, fails with a white screen message to reboot. This is now happening every day and getting really annoying. I can't seem to stop it trying so I am just constantly restarting the printer.

Please can anyone help. this is driving me mad 😞

Thanks

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright, first make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. While the printer is powered off, remove the power cable from the back of your router for one minute.
  3. When the lights return on the router, turn the printer on.
  4. While the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.
  5. On the printer click on the web services icon in the top-left corner of the display.
  6. Click on Settings.
  7. Select Product Updates.
  8. Check for Updates and disable automatic updates.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @neilblue,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with your Officejet 7612 e-All-in-One Printer trying to updating webservices and failing. I can help you with that, however I am going to need to know if you are using ePrint on your printer. If you are, please let me know if it is operating correctly. Once I know that I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hello DocCottle,

Yes I can print from emails, and from my phone.

Thanks

Neil

HP Recommended

I was more wondering if you can use the ePrint feature, which lets you print from anywhere in the world by sending emails to the printer's own email address. Please let me know if you are using that feature and if you are, if it is functioning correctly.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Sorry, yes. That is what I ment by printing from emails. The printer will print images I email to it.

HP Recommended

Alright, first make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. While the printer is powered off, remove the power cable from the back of your router for one minute.
  3. When the lights return on the router, turn the printer on.
  4. While the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.
  5. On the printer click on the web services icon in the top-left corner of the display.
  6. Click on Settings.
  7. Select Product Updates.
  8. Check for Updates and disable automatic updates.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you,

Yes that seems to solve the constants failed updates. Now I just need to find a way to fix the updates so they work. Do you know if this is possible for will I not be able to run updates anymore?

Neil

HP Recommended

In the same menu there is an option to manually check for updates you can use. If that fails, you should be able to download and install the latest firmware by clicking on this link, scrolling down to Firmware, and clicking on Download.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Yes I was trying the manual update that also failed, and the driver install page does not support linux. I will have to wait till I get a visitor with a windows laptop 🙂

Thanks

Neil

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.