Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Interesting test.

I took the same 3 page simple text file (that has pauses when printing from note pad) and fed it through the sheet feeder.   It paused halfway through the 2nd page, I was afraid it would jam because the scan started on the 3rd page, but it fed through after the pause and completed.

The document is a good print... just annoying at how it provides it.

I took a simple 5 page word document and fed it through the sheet feeder to copy, the last quarterof each page held in place (paused), as the scan started for the next page.  Is that normal scan feed procedure?  To not finish printing the prior page and release it until AFTER the next page scan has started?  I don't recall ever using this function.

Ok, to get past the feeder question I raised, what I did was put in a page and set it to give me 3 copies.

It worked without a pause.

So I will say that copy and multiple page prints work.

One thing that I found that is very strange...

I have a simple Excel spreadsheet, 5 pages, no formulas, no color, no really special formating, text and numbers. 

MS Office and the file are local to the PC 

and it prints the 5 pages normally for a spreadsheet print.

So I took a simple word document, just text no fancy formating, and tried it and it printed 5 pages fine without pauses.

Office MS Excel version 14.0.7166.5000 (32-bit)

Office MS Word version 14.0.7166.5000 (32-bit)

But I'm wondering,  why printing a local text notepad file has pauses, when office files do not?

Why printing from chrome web page has pauses?

Why printing from outlook hotmail using the outlook icon for internet explorer has pauses?

And, I just found the absolute worst offender!

Printing the same web page that I had done from chrome, using EDGE was absolutely atrocious, it paused at least 4 times throughout EACH of the 3 pages... .it was just horrendous.

And don't tell me to upgrade my office because it is pause-free and working!  🙂

HP Recommended

RBU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

There are no error symbols in the device manager display.

Ran

sfc /scannow from cmd prompt in admin mode

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

HP Recommended

RBU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

ASUS  Desktop PC CM6730

Processor intel core i5-2330 CPU  @3.0Ghz

Ram 6.00 GB

System Type:  64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Hard drive 916 GB with 821 GB free

HP Recommended

Under Performance Options 

Advanced Virtual Memory is set at 5888 MB allocated

defines minimum 16mb

recommends 1626mb

So I'm well over the recommended amount.

HP Recommended
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.

1. Can you update the firmware (not software) of the printer?

2. Going to try something unconventional to validate if it's the router that is blocking the print and causing the pauses. Can you create a hotspot using your mobile phone and try printing?

Basically, it's disconnecting from your current home network and connecting to the hotspot using your mobile phone to print. Now that your pc needs to be on the sane hotspot as well.

Thanks for working with us on this.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I tried again from the HP firmware area of the download site but the install stops because it says it is up to date.

As I said before > FDP1CN1547AR 

is listed as the FIRMWARE version on the printer status report.

and sorry, i'm not going to do step 2 because I do not use a mobile phone online.  I make phone calls, take pictures, and read books.  Nothing internet beyond downloading a book now and then by my wifi.  And I will not take the time to learn how to create a hotspot for this testing.  It is a "pay as you go" phone and I've already wasted enough ink and paper trying to work through this issue, I'm not going to pay for data transfers to print from my phone.

HP Recommended

RBU

HP Recommended

As I said,

I DISABLED Norton's Smart Firewall and Auto-Protect with no difference.

I will not remove it.

Sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.