Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was recently forced to go out and purchase new inkjet printers because my 8600 stopped working and i was unable to get working drivers from the HP website.  I purchased new 8710's, including one backup in case one needs to be replaced in the near future (I'm a small business owner with about 10 HP printers at this time.

I'm not at all happy with how the 8710 is working.  For what's becoming a daily event, once again I'm spending a couple hours trying to get them to work as well as the 8600's did.  My problems - job stick in the queue on an almost daily basis.  When I try to cancel the document or cancel all documents, nothing happens.  i used to unplug the usb cord when it was wired, but I'm wireless now, so that's not an option.  I'm way too early in my relationship with this unit to start having to power it down and reboot to clear the queue and get it working correctly.

and the other main problem is that the sending and loading of documents into the queue seems to take forever.  Literally, my entire system stops and has to think for many seconds - at least 5 seconds most of the time.  Sometimes as many as 15.  Seems to happen almost all the time with adobe acrobat documents.  I feel like I've gone back to the days where you would hit the print button and go to the bathroom while it took minutes for you documents to emerge on the other side. 

I'm extremely frustrated.  At this point, I may never buy another hp printer again.  Why such a massive regressive from the workhorse 8600?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Check the 8710 firmware, latest is 1644B.

Link to firmware.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended
Hi DoggyJoe,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Based on your description of your problem it seems like you might have a printer driver issue.

Are you using the build in driver from Windows or the HP driver for this printer. The correct and latest driver can be downloaded from www.hp.com.

http://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902...

I would recommend that you uninstall the previous driver before installing the new driver.

Hope the above information will assist you to resolve your problem.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
HP Recommended

Hello :

Sorry to know you have this problem , how about try to add this printer agian ,looks like havent setup properly .

From your PC devices, add a printer , connect by Lan or install by driver.

Hope you can have a good experience on using HP printers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.