Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This printer is 18 months old, used very little, tried to print a document and got a blank page, ink levels good, fairly new HP ink cartridge. Used the print head cleaning tool, checked venting, cartiridges are in correctly. Did diagonostic testing and they came out with just the lite blue color, no black. Tried aligning the print head and failed every time. No instructions on what to do next. Did read on the website to unplug and replug device. Am using regular paper. This printer has hardly been used. Any ideas ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey stinky58,

I see you are having an issue getting your Photosmart 7510 to align.  If the printer isn't producing black ink on the page, then it will not be able to pass the alignment process.  I would advise following the steps in the document linked below.

An 'Alignment failed' Error Message Displays on the Printer

Let me know if this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link. I had found that page and tried all of those except replacing the print head. This printer has not been used much at all. Would it be helpful to replace the black ink cartridge? Its fairly new, and was printing just fine. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hey,

Thanks for the update and response.  It is possible that the cartridge(s) is/are the issue, however more often it is an issue in the printhead that leads to this problem.  If you have another cartridge or set of cartridges to try, then it may not be a bad idea.  However, there is a high probability that it will not fix the issue that is more than likely in the printhead of the unit.  If the unit has sat with minimal use for 18 months, then it is more likely that ink has dried in the ports of the printhead of this unit.  

One thing you could try prior to purchasing a printhead from the HP Parts Store, with the part number CN642a, is the workaround printhead soak solution from Bob_Headrick.  The thread with this information can be found here.

I wish you the best in your endeavor to regain full print functionality from you HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.