07-13-2014 04:11 AM
Just inserted a new print cartridge which prompted a new aligment, but the aligment page that prints out does not fill the page stops about 6cm shorter than an A4 Page. (also only shows blue & black). I have cleaned once and all colours printed and clear
Printer: HP Officejet 4500 & windows 7
I have set A4 printing & borderless in the Hp Printer setting.
How to fix would be great
07-14-2014 07:32 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand when printing an alignment page, it doesn't fill the page stops about 6 cm shorter than an A4 Page. I will do my best to assist you! Are you using normal paper to print this alignment?
Please follow this entire HP document on An 'Alignment page not detected' or 'Alignment failed' Error Message Displays on the Printer Control...
If this doesn't work, then follow these steps for a cartridge reset:
1. Remove all ink cartridges from the printer, then close the door
2. Remove the power cord from the printer (Do not press the power button)
3. Wait 60 seconds or more, then plug the power cord back in
4. Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges
5. Try to print another alignment sheet
Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night!