Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8040
I just baught this computer and have aligned it several times and it keeps coming up unsuccessful. Spend 400 on a printer I don't expect this crap. Print pics and the colors aren't the same as pic there all dark and there's no way of adjusting them
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI @Jmauro. 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your printer is failing its alignment and is experiencing poor print quality issues. I would like to help. 

For the Alignment, try this document. HP Inkjet Printers - 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays.

For the print quality issue, try this document. HP ENVY 5640, 5660, 7640 and Officejet 5740, 8040 Printers - Fixing Print Quality Problems

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.