Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP62
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why doesn't HP stand behind their store bought ink cartridges? They will only replace deffective ones that are bought through their online store. Don't they manufacture both of them? So why the difference? I have a black ink cartridge I bought at WalMart that has a couple of ports that aren't spraying black ink. I've tried the head cleanning process all the way up to super clean, meaning it prints out 3 sheets while cleaning, but to no avail. It did help a little but I can't keep going because it's also cleaning the color cartridge wasting ink. Now that should be a seperate process. Seperate the black from the color cleaning so we don't waste ink!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@skooterfd

“I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.”

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@skooterfd

“I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.”

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP is sending me a code for new printer cartridges, Thankyou very much!

But what I discovered on my own may help someone in the future.

While trying to clean the black ink print head, I kept wasting color ink in the process, so I decided to try and remove the color cartridge so as to solve that problem. When I went to remove the color cartridge I noticed a small piece of white rectangle plastic sitting down just in front of the color cartridge. At first, I didn't think much of it until when I removed the color cartridge it fell down. I was able to reach in with a long tweezer and remove the plastic piece. I then started looking around to see where it may have come from. That's when I noticed that on top of the color side printer head there was the same looking piece. I then noticed that the black printer head didn't have one on top of it. Instead, there were just 3 holes. On the bottom of the plastic piece, I found there were 2 plastic pegs sticking up. One at the top & one at the bottom, with a hole in between them. I surmised that this plastic piece was supposed to be placed on top of the printer head & snapped into place. I gently placed the plastic piece on top of the printer head and gently pressed down until the head hit bottom. I then applied pressure popping the pegs into their holes. After several more cleaning cycles, the head started coming back to full print again. I now have a black print head, printing everything it's is suppose to. I guess I should have looked closer into the guts of my printer, but I have never had a problem like this before with any printer I have owned. If it should happen again I'll know what to look for first. Having the two holes exposed in the printer head must have allowed the ink to dry out thus plugging up some of the ports. I hope this might help someone in the future who may have this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.