Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm looking for any printer that can print on 300gsm card and supports custom print sizes (135mm x 135mm)

I have tried:

- HP ENVY 4500 series - doesn't feed paper, 300gsm must be too thick.
- HP DeskJet 3050 - feeds okay but doesn't print 'custom sized' paper.

Think i'm looking at a straight trough paper feed so it shouldn't get stuck like the ENVY.

I have looked at these options:

- HP Deskjet 2542

- HP Deskjet 1512

- HP Deskjet 1010 

Would one of these suffice? If not can anybody recommended another?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I afraid those does not meet your requirements:

Both the HP Deskjet 2542, 1512 and 1010 support up to 200gsm.

By checking higher end models I afraid those does not support a such as well, models as the Offiejet Pro 6830 support up to 280gsm, the Officejet Pro 8610 support up to 250gsm as an example.

I afraid there are no current consumer HP Inkjet printers which meet those needs in the term of the paper thickness.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

I afraid those does not meet your requirements:

Both the HP Deskjet 2542, 1512 and 1010 support up to 200gsm.

By checking higher end models I afraid those does not support a such as well, models as the Offiejet Pro 6830 support up to 280gsm, the Officejet Pro 8610 support up to 250gsm as an example.

I afraid there are no current consumer HP Inkjet printers which meet those needs in the term of the paper thickness.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

are there any HP business printers that will print 300gsm card please?

HP Recommended

I found this answer while searching for a printer that would support 280gsm card.  Is this the only option or are there other models?

HP Recommended

@emilyb00

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service,

You are right, however, the only other contender is the Envy 5530

The Envy 5530 supports the max weight - up to 280 g/m² (75 lb bond)

For more details, you may also refer to Printer Specifications for HP ENVY 5530, DeskJet 4510 Printers: Click here

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please notice that Photo Paper is supported up to 280gsm, for Cardstock the printer can handle 163 to 200gsm card media as listed by its specs.

The same applies for most current HP inkjet printers.

I am personally not aware of any current HP inkjet printer, either for home or business usage that can handle heavier media.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.