Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 2542
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I installed two new inks, colour and black. The reward program (Pesty thing) page came up and started to read the printer details. Very slow. The printer was printing at the time. The printer stopped working for about 2 minutes. It burst back into life and continued printing.  However, after 60 sheets of black only printing the empty cartridge light came on, and I was out of ink. Never had this before with a new HP original cartridge. 

Then tried to contact Customer Support. FORGET IT, the product is out of warranty by 3 months so HP don't want to know. I have used HP printers for over twenty years, this will probably be the last one I buy or use. 

Original Inks are expensive, and the so-called reward program is rubbish.

Really disappointed that HP are not interested in resolving the problem.

I think a letter to the UK CEO will have to be my next move.

Unhappy HP customer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ColinKent

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.