Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Bob,

I think the tone of frustration comes from the fact that HP is not responding to this pervasive problem across a wide range of printers that results in having to get rid of the printer--no minor problem. It is the non-response that is proving a chanllenge to civility.

Best,

Phillip

HP Recommended

Oops.

I meant "Dear George". My bad. Phillip

HP Recommended

Bob,

Tried to contact HP support as you recommended, but they will not accept e-mails or chats if the product is out of warranty (which mine is).   So, this is a dead-end. 

I sure hope that whoever moderates this forum is providing this consumer commentary to HP management.  They have a very serious quality control issue that is likely affecting customer retention.

Thanks again for your professional assistance.       

HP Recommended

@davewill0325 I have asked an HP rep to contact you, you should be getting a private message (look for a number next to the envelope in the upper right corner of the page after logging in to the forum).

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED NO HP NO LETTER NO E_MAIL FROM HP NOTHING NO HELP

HP Recommended

HP IS LIKE OUR PREIDENT IF THEY IGNORE THE PROBLEM IT WILL GO AWAY BUT THEY ARE LOOSING A LOT OF CUTOMERS AND I AM ONE

HP Recommended

@Bob_Headrick wrote:

@davewill0325 I have asked an HP rep to contact you, you should be getting a private message (look for a number next to the envelope in the upper right corner of the page after logging in to the forum).

Bob,

Getting the run-around from HP support.  This is by no means your fault.

I have now invested almost 6 hours trying to get this resolved with no success.  Time to get off this merry-go-round.  Heading out to buy a new (non-HP) printer.

Thanks again.

P.S.  To those still trying to resolve this issue, a word of advice.  Do NOT spray compressed air into the "Y" vent on the cartridge intending to unclog it.  Not unless you want to have your furniture reupholstered. :mansad:              

HP Recommended

Read somewhere that the HP 6520 was different somehow from my HP 6320 and that the recommended fixes would not work on it.

Personally, I believe that the problem is related to the automatic software updates. I find it incredible that after two weeks of being unable to print anything and then unable after recommended fixes to even get paper to come out, the power lights to come back on, etc... Magically, the lights return, the paper comes out, the extra print screen showing up on my computer... all correct themselves. I am now back to square one, with nothing but greyscale printing instead of  black. The colors do print.

I bought an Epson.  Still have the HP hooked up. Perhaps whatever Gremlin broke it will eventually fix it. 

HP Recommended

Did you try re-installing the software? Un-install it first and then download the latest from HP. I doubt this will help, but it is worth a try if you haven,t done it already. I tried multiple cleanings and different cartridges and reinstalling drivers and complete software re-install. Also try cleaning the print head contacts on the cartridge and mounting. They are gold colored metal contacts. I also tried soaking the orfice with hot water. Nothing worked. This problem is in the black print head and it is common across several models of HP printers. If you remove the cartridges and look at the print head mount you will see that the black cartridge orfice is larger than the color. Why I do not have a clue, but it goes bad for some reason. I spent a lot of money buying new cartridges just to be sure it wasn't the problem. Now I am stuck with a bunch of HP ink. I did eventually solve the problem! Like others, I bought a new printer. I wouldn't recommend it be an HP! Good luck!

HP Recommended

We tried everything, was even "private messaged" no response after " I will get back to you". So we gave up and bought an EPSON 3 weeks ago. Works great, and an added bonus, our wireless router doesn't seem to go out several times a day like it did when we had the HP hooked up.  I was a long time customer, from a first model PDA to Desktops and lap tops. After years of crappy support and declining quality, I am DONE with HP. Enjoy obscurity HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.